LASS (responding to the challenges of HIV and health) is 30 years old this year. In that time, it has seen the environment around HIV treatment and prevention change radically. Over the last few years we have been branching out; we have started our own social enterprise and have started to generate income in a much wider variety of ways. However, strict control of our finances remains a priority and we are looking for an experienced person with accounting qualification to AAT licensed accountant level 4 or equivalent.
The task list includes:
- Maintain financial procedures and financial controls
- Ensure finance reporting and accounting is managed in a timely manner and in keeping with all necessary financial protocols
- Administer and monitor bank accounts and payments
- Income management – invoicing, record keeping
- Assist with the financial aspects of bids, grant applications and project proposals
- Annual returns
- Prepare accounts for audit or independent review at year end and liaise with the external company providing these services
- Use appropriate finance software packages to produce report and manage accounts – we use SAGE
There is the opportunity to work flexibly and to work-from-home on occasion.
To apply, download and review the Job Description / Person Specification and please send your CV together with a letter of application outlining your experience, knowledge and skills in brief against the person specification to Caro Hart (email@example.com)
Please give examples from the world of work, volunteering or other areas or work. Please note that your application will not be considered unless you have completed the letter of application in full.
- Closing date 24th November 2017 at noon.
- Interview date Friday 8th December at times between 09:00 and 13:00 (Please indicate your availability in your covering letter).