Healthwatch Leicestershire is the county’s patient and public champion for health and social care services. They exist to help the residents of Leicester and Leicestershire get the best service from health and social care providers.
They do this by listening to local people about their views and experiences of using health and social care services, such as:
- GPs and practices
- Mental health services
- Social care
- Community health services
- Carers services
- Children and young people services
They use what people tell them to challenge and influence those who plan, run and regulate services so improvements are made for local people.
Healthwatch Leicestershire is giving you the opportunity to submit a question to be answered by health Chief Executives of Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust and University Hospitals of Leicester. This is an opportunity for you to get a response from the people who make decisions about local health services.
You can submit questions about:
- Leicester Royal Infirmary services
- Glenfield Hospital services
- Leicester General Hospital services
- Adult Mental Health and Learning Disabilities such as; Adult Community Mental Health teams, Day Care Services, Homeless Service and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Services.
- Community Health Services such as; Community Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Teams, Falls Team, Night Nursing Service, Mental Health Services for Older People and Community healthcare non-inpatient services.
- Families, Young People and Children Services such as; Children’s Occupational Therapy, Community Wellness Service, School Nursing, Stop Smoking Service and Tobacco Control, Adult Eating Disorders Therapy Service and Paediatric Psychology.
They will confirm receipt of your question and may need to come back to you to ask for more detail. If your question is not within the remit of the providers they will inform you of this and agree what happens next.
You may need to wait around 21 working days for a response, sometimes a little longer depending on the question and schedules of health care staff.
Once they have received the response it will be sent to you, providing they have your contact details. All responses will be posted on their website. (They will not publish any personal identifiable information given by you.)
Send your questions to email@example.com
If you require any further information, call them on 0116 257 4999.