A very happy Easter to all of our service users, clients, volunteers and partners from all at LASS and Well for Living. We would like to remind everyone we are closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday (25th and 28th March). We re-open on Tuesday 29th
If you’re looking for things to do over Easter? Here’s some free events in and around Leicester we’ve gathered for your perusal.
The National Space Centre is answering the all-important question this Easter – how do astronauts keep clean in space? Join the Mission Commanders as they talk about the effect space has on the body. If you are itching for a memento, take part in the slime making workshop and develop your own Snot in a Pot.
- Date: March 28 – April 19
- Where: National Space Centre
- Time: 10.00 – 17.00
- Cost: Free
The New Walk Museum and Art Gallery is offering a number of activities for family fun this Easter.
The NWMAG alone offers a number of galleries ranging from dinosaurs to Ancient Egypt. However, they are adding a number of events to their Easter calendar.
They are kicking it off with Crafty Kites where you are invited to create your own kite.
The rest of the holidays are dedicated to Springtime Magical Forest, where you will help build different parts of a magical forest – you can even collect your creations to keep at the end of the two weeks.
- Date: 30 March – 10 April
- Where: New Walk Museum and Art Gallery
- Time: Museum opened Monday – Saturday 10.00 – 17.00, Sunday 11.00 – 17.00. Activity times vary
- Cost: Museum entry free, some exhibitions and activities charges apply
While exploring the history of Leicester’s industrial and technological heritage, keep an eye out for hidden chicks. Chocolate eggs are up for grabs if you can find them, which can be enjoyed in the picnic area.
- Date: March 31
- Where: Abbey Pumping Station
- Time: 11.00 – 16.30
- Cost: Free entry into museum, activities cost £2.50
Belgrave opens its doors to visitors again in April so why not bring a picnic along and take in the beauty of the surroundings? If that seems a little too tame for you, there is a Tales from the Mad Hatter session on the 1st and a picture show showing cartoons on the 8th.
- Date: From April, every Wednesday and the first full weekend of the month
- Where: Belgrave Hall and Gardens
- Time: 11.00 – 16.40
- Cost: Free admission, £2.50 for activities
Explore the country park and discover the meadow, ponds and orchard this Easter. If you are after some holiday themed activities, do not panic as Brock Hills has daily events over the period including a “craft extravaganza” and traditional egg rolling.
- Date: March 30 – April 10
- Where: Brock Hills
- Time: Weekdays 10.00 – 17.00, weekends and Bank Holidays 10.00 – 16.00 (event times can vary)
- Cost: Free
for well-being news and info or