LASS Annual General Meeting
Thursday 8th October 2015
- Doors open 6pm
- Refreshments at 6:30pm
- Meeting 7pm – 8:30pm
At Warning Zone: 30 Frog Island, off North Bridge Place, Leicester, LE3 5AG (Location and how to get to Warning Zone).
Everyone is welcome to our AGM; you can bring your family & friends
To reserve your space at the AGM, please enter your name and email address below and we’ll confirm your place. We look forward to seeing you there!
Tom Addison of Halve It
Halve It is a coalition of national experts determined to tackle the continued public health challenges posed by HIV. Their goals are to: Halve the proportion of people diagnosed late with HIV and to halve the proportion of people living with undiagnosed HIV.
The Halve It campaign calls upon all levels of government and their agencies to ensure that HIV is a public health priority both locally and nationally, they are asking the government to:
- Fully implement National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) public health guidance on HIV testing.
- Support the delivery of the Public Health Outcomes Framework (PHOF) by ensuring that local health organisations are equipped to realise the benefits of early detection of HIV.
- Offer incentives to test for HIV in a variety of healthcare settings, for example through the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) and Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN) frameworks.
- Ensure that people diagnosed with HIV have access to any retroviral therapies (ARTs) to prevent onward transmission in line with the joint recommendations of the Expert Advisory Group on AIDS (EAGA) and the British HIV Association (BHIVA).
- Ensure quality-assured (ie CE marked) self-testing kits for HIV when available, are integrated into local HIV testing strategies along with home sampling kits.
To find out more about the campaign download their position paper here
For more information on our AGM please contact: Reception@lass.org.uk, or call us on: 0116 255 9995
for well-being news and info or