Countdown….11 days to go!
Following the success of England’s first National HIV Testing Week in 2012, the event is now established as a permanent part of the HIV prevention calendar. It has inspired a similar event across Europe this year, European HIV Testing Week. In addition to increased testing activity locally, people and organisations can pledge support for testing and for this dedicated week through social media.
Aims of National HIV Testing Week 2013
- To increase testing among the most at-risk populations across England.
- To increase awareness and acceptability of HIV testing.
- To increase access to HIV testing in both community and statutory settings in order to improve early diagnosis and treatment of HIV (and thus reduce onward transmission) among those most at risk.
Our HIV testing service will be available at a range of settings and events during National HIV Testing week:
- Saturday 23rd November 9:30 – 11: We will offer testing at LASS for those who can’t access the service during the week. You can also pick up condoms and information to prepare for the Saturday night out!
- Monday 25th November 11 – 3: Health & Well being event at LASS. Other health checks and information will be available including Blood Pressure, Blood Glucose, BMI.
- Tuesday 26th November 11.30 – 2 : University of Leicester Students Union as part of World AIDS Day awareness.
- Wednesday 27th November 4 – 8: Oxygen Club, Wharf Street
- Thursday 28th November 4 – 8: Oxygen Club, Wharf Street
- Friday 29th November 4 – 8: Oxygen Club, Wharf Street
- Friday 29th November 3-5: ZAS drop in @ Secular Hall, Humberstone Gate
Our office based Rapid HIV testing will be available everyday during the week from 9:30 – 16:00. Call us on 0116 2559995 or simply drop in to visit us at 53, Regent Road, Leicester, LE1 6YF. (map)
For more information National HIV Testing Week, please visit HIV Prevention England.
for well-being news and info or