This year we are asking people to make a pledge for World AIDS Day. This might be something you do on 1st December or perhaps a project you can work toward for next year.
The idea is to increase awareness of the facts and realities of HIV – there are too many myths around.
Pick up one of our new HIV cards – it fits in your pocket or wallet. It will help to remind you what the key facts are.
What is your pledge for 2012?
A reminder about these 2 opportunities to reflect:
Saturday 26th November, 12 noon:
- “Choose Life” A service of preparation for World AIDS day at Leicester Cathedral. (Faith in people with HIV event)
Thursday 1st December
- Leicester Market stall – come along and get your red ribbon.
- 2 minute silence in the Market Square at 1.12pm.
- One Voice Many Faces: Spread the Realities of HIV & Kick out Stigma & Discrimination (lass.org.uk)
- Battling HIV prejudice with Body & Soul (lass.org.uk)
- RITA – Recent Infection Testing Algorithm [Criminal Prosecutions] (lass.org.uk)