Annie Lennox is an Oscar, Brit and Grammy award-winning pop musician and vocalist.
Known as a pop culture icon for her distinctive contralto vocals and visual performances, Annie has been named “The Greatest White Soul Singer Alive” by VH1 and one of The 100 Greatest Singers of All Time by Rolling Stone. She has earned the distinction of “most successful female British artist in UK music history” because of her global commercial success since the early 1980s. Including her work within Eurythmics, Annie is one of the world’s best-selling music artists, having sold over 80 million records worldwide.
In addition to her career as a musician, Annie is also a political and social activist, notable for raising money and awareness for HIV charities in Africa.
For the last nine years, she has devoted the majority of her time to her SING campaign, raising awareness and money to combat HIV/AIDS. She shares the experiences that have inspired her, from working with Nelson Mandela to meeting a little African girl in a desperate situation.
The following video features Annie speaking at a TED conference, raising awareness of HIV/AIDS.
- Lennox Slams World Leaders Over Hiv Policy (redbeardedoctopus.wordpress.com)
- AIDS2010 Begins with Sex, Drugs, and Annie Lennox (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Is Feminism Still The REAL “F” Word? (psychologytoday.com)
- Annie Lennox performs at Aids rally (bbc.co.uk)
- Singer Annie Lennox collects OBE (pakistannewsupdate.wordpress.com)