- Are you interested in being fit?
- Would you like to reduce your carbon footprint?
If so, come and join the bike ability & maintenance Project, you may be entitled to a FREE BIKE or a bike a reduced cost. Bikes for disabled and “crank-drive & tricycles” are also available. The course cost is £2:00 for the entire course.
There are 3 levels to the course:
- Level 1 (Basic skills) – Off road training, starting with safety check on bikes, on tarmac, covering manoeuvring, signalling
- Level 2 (Roads) – On quiet road training, out in small groups, covering all aspects of ‘on road’ cycling
- Level 3 (Built up areas and roundabouts) – On busy road training, one instructor to two, covering all aspects of cycling and maintenance.
Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. The course will be 6 to 8 weeks from start to finish and certificates will be awarded to those who successfully complete the course