Here is the new programme of training from LASS to run from March to May 2011. We have some interesting topics and contributors to these sessions.
To book, please fill in the form at the bottom of this post. To book multiple sessions, please fill in the form again for each course, or mention in the Comments section.
Thursday 2nd June 10-12.30
- HIV, Immigration & Asylum – with personal stories and information from IAS. This session will enable participants to gain an understanding of the complex laws of immigration and asylum and how it affects those living with HIV.
Monday 23rd May
HIV & Employment 2-4.30
HIV and Employees 6-8
- Myths and misconceptions of HIV and its transmission, an explanation of the employment law for employers of people Living with HIV and an overview of the rules of the DDA 2005 and what its like for an employee living with HIV.
Wednesday 13th April 10-4
- HIV & Criminalisation – Discussion and fact sharing on the controversy surrounding the laws of criminal HIV transmission. This session will be of interest to anyone practicing law, in the police force or criminal justice system and anyone living with HIV.
Thursday 12th May 2-4.30
- HIV: The Basics – elementary information about HIV, transmission, risks, testing and medication. This will be of interest to anyone who currently has limited knowledge about HIV.
Date to be advised – in May
- Spreading the HIV message to my community: This session will be led by members of African community groups who are actively promoting knowledge, will and power about HIV to their communities in different ways. They will share their approaches, experiences and feedback about the effect on their communities.
Please Note: Courses are FREE – however cancellations must be made in writing (post or email) to LASS or (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 2 working days prior to the session date otherwise a cancellation fee of £50 will be charged. You will receive confirmation of the cancellation in writing.