Voting closes online, by SMS, and by Twitter at 11.59pm and in branches at the close of business, (times vary locally) on Friday 10 October 2014.
The Lloyds Community Fund believes in helping local communities to thrive. That’s why they’re giving you the opportunity to champion a good cause in your local area and we hope you’re vote for Well for Living!
Earlier this year, the nation nominated over 7,000 community groups across England, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands. 1,400 causes in 350 communities were then shortlisted for the Community Fund award.
Four local causes in every area will be awarded funding depending on the number of votes they receive. The group with the most votes will get £3,000, the next £2,000, £1,000 and finally, £500.
Well for Living has been nominated, they support individuals and their communities to be more health aware and health literate through a better understanding medical language, building confidence to ask the right questions. We would use an award to provide workshops for 80 more people, helping people to take steps to be more in control of their own health.
- To vote online, visit the Community Fund Page and click the on the orange “Vote for Us” box at the top of the page.
– Complete the details and click “submit” – you will be sent an email from the Lloyds Bank Community Fund to confirm your vote.
– Please click on the link in the email to confirm your vote, otherwise it won’t count.
- To vote via Twitter click on the “Vote for Us” box at the top of the page.
– Click the “Vote via Tweet” button to auto populate a tweet with our unique hashtag (you may need to login, or create an account if you don’t have one).
– Your followers can then retweet your message to give us a vote.
- To vote via SMS, text VOTE followed by our unique code (VOTE LJP) – also found via clicking on the “Vote for Us” box to 61119 or +44 7860 014 100 if you’re in the Channel Isles or Isle of Man.
- To vote in branch, visit one of the branches highlighted on the map and collect a voting token from a member of staff.
Please vote, your entry could make a lot of difference in your local area. In May 2014, through on-line, paper based and street surveys, Well for Living consulted Leicester City residents about a proposed Well-Being Centre.
A Leicester Well-Being Centre would be in an existing building in the central shopping and business area of Leicester City for use by people living in Leicester City.
It would have a range of services and support inside to help people become healthier and stay healthy – avoiding illness and improving everyone’s quality of life.
Some ideas so far of what a Leicester Well-Being Centre could offer include training courses for people on healthy living; massage and acupuncture; physiotherapy services; counselling; activities to help people stay fit and healthy; financial advice and getting support if you become ill.
It would be in addition to existing NHS and social support services and would be run by trained professionals, working for a number of local community and charity organisations.
for well-being news and info or